Many organizations and professionals have used and using phrases like….Our quality services are a work of art, We are not creating products - We are creating Art, Artistic services etc. to highlight quality and innovation of their products, of their culture, or to promote their services, attract new audiences or even to show diversity.
So, what about the art/creative industry in business, entrepreneurship, in the organizational culture, or at in the professional level, whether we want to develop creativity in an organization’s culture, (Whether it is Clan, Adhocracy, Market, Hierarchy, or…), furthermore when we want to innovate, develop collaboration, communicate, solve problems etc
Art/Creative Industry could develop new ways of approaching and behaving at work, resolving conflicts and problems. Increase the union - collaboration of employees with skills beyond the traditional in entrepreneurship such as accessibility, communication, for attracting new customers, creating new forms of company’s expression, as well for learning new environments where employees develop their content capabilities and activities.
Artists, great businessmen and entrepreneurs begin their work with intention and purpose. To establish more flow in their work, where the first step is to prioritize and focus on what is most important. Devote their best thinking time for tasks that most need our creativity and focused attention and don’t allow interruptions.
Through art, we experience certain kinds of truth, including Emotional truth, cultural values, sensory experience, sense-making, and meaning-making.
Furthermore qualities such as seeing with new eyes, sensing and perceiving, mastery, finding beauty, meaning, elegance, rhythm, melody, harmony, and composition — can be applied to all aspects of our lives.
Habits of Artistic and Creative People
- Prepare the ground for creativity
- Live by/in Questions
- Feed their brain by different/divergent sources
- Express, Experiment, Explore, Execute and Expand
- Always replenish their creative stock
- The secret for liberating ourselves
- Making connections.
Why art in Business? Because art generate deep insight by going beyond rational-cognitive ways of knowing and providing new ways of understanding people's real lives experiences and views.
Art make us a cocktail-makers, how to use and mix everything, from ideas, elements, things, people etc and everything around us…
Has the success of transmitting to everyone the ability to search, experiment and plays an important role as an antidote to two very bad habits in business, such as trite behavior and cynicism.Art/ Creative Industry could bring and develop the passion, sincerity, insight, innovation and personality, bringing more philosophical approach and reaction to the things, to social issues and to our world.
In the 1960s in Silicon Valley, companies—mostly industrial ones such as IBM, Bell Labs, and Hewlett-Packard—invited artists to spend months (and sometimes years) in their research centers, experimenting and collaborating on original artworks. And LACMA’s Art + Technology Lab is really a 2.0 version of a curatorial project that ran from 1967 to 1971
In the 50 years since those early experiments, tech corporations have so seamlessly constructed a culture of innovation that the artist-in-residence is now an uncontroversial—if not expected—feature of the landscape.
Many companies like Glaxosmith Kline, IBM, IKEA, Target, Samsung, Bang & Olufsen, Bell Labs, HP, LexisNexis, Intercontinental Hotels, Coca Cola, Pepsi etc are making arts based learning workshops to develop the culture inside their organizations.
In my opinion, organizations and entrepreneurs if they want to grow and modernize need to focus and develop their culture, where art/creative industry could have a significant role.
Peter Ferdinand Drucker - Management Consultant, Educator, Author
Yes, engaging Art/Creative Industry with business improves the personal effectiveness of our personality. It creates new models for how things could be different and push the spirit to explore more creative processes. Submits the inner range of everyone to use it, to have the mood to create new ideas, while leaving it open for a long time and spark our curiosity.Art has an impact in giving the motivation on a deeper direction for employees.
The training through the elements provided by art/creative industry connected to business, could help and significantly enhance key areas such as creativity, innovation, soft skills, Leadership and EQ & CQ development
What Art could teach us in Business and Entrepreneurship
- One problem could have more than one solutions and one question more than one answers.
- It shows us the many ways in which we can see and interpret the world.
- It includes the adaptability of any problem, where it could change according to the circumstances and the opportunities.
- Teach us that small differences can have great consequences.
- Helps to discover the breadth and the variety of our character and to transfer it to our profession and workplac
Here I would like to make a statement, that as entrepreneurs, organizations and business in general have much to learn and receive not only theoretically also especially in practically level , by the art/creative industry for developing creativity, soft skills, leadership, innovation etc, so I believe that artists in nowadays should develop and evolve in contact and collaboration with our society, for the develop and promotion of their work recognizing that they need to learn and master the elements of entrepreneurship if they want to become professionals in their field.
Anything could be art, anything could become product or service…
Qualities of Artful Making
- Release. Freedom - accepting disputes• Collaboration and Integration.
- Ensemble total - the overall quality that various people exhibit through co-operation, where something that cannot be done on its own is created.
- Motivation and purpose.• Art is a creative game/play and unconscious connection.
- Critical thinking approach.• Balance and adaptability..
- Opened to accept, and receive.
Some of the suggestions through my collaborations as a consultant and through my seminars which I use as a starting point for the organizations ·
- Starting by asking clear, focusing, synoptical questions.
- Having empathy and controlled interaction.
- Increasing knowledge of people is the key of innovation.
- All learning they should know that has an emotional base.
- Deployment of learning sessions will increase knowledge retention.
- Focused attention in fundamental to acquiring new knowledge.
- Enhancing brain capacity supports learning.·
- Flexibility of the learning process must be accepted.·
- Should demand and embrace diversity, also to be opened.
I’ll be glad to have a dialogue through my email